Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Catheter Is Out

As you know from my earlier post, I finally had the surgery. The doc was using a supra-pubic approach (incision about 2 inches above my penis), and in the process, accidentally "nicked" my urethra (which he has to "work past" with that approach). The result was that I have had to wear a catheter for two weeks. Please look at the page on catheters, to the right of this page, for important info on catheters. Also, he installed one of the "semi rigid" implants on the left side of my penis as a "place holder" until we can do revision surgery in 4-6 months.

The two weeks that I had to wear the catheter, were up yesterday, and the doc removed the catheter yesterday. Suffice it to say that I wouldn't wish a catheter on my worst enemy.

That said, we will be able to use the new implant in about 2 more weeks. As you might expect, it looks to me like it is not as large in diameter or length as the 3 piece outfits that you can pump up, but, in any case, it's always there, and I don't have to worry about "getting it up" any more! If anyone has any questions about this type of implant, fire away, and I will do my best to answer.

At this point, two weeks post surgery, things are getting more comfortable. The catheter is out. I am able to urinate with very little pain if any, thanks to the meds I'm taking.

My penis is however, still very sensitive to touch on the left side where the new implant is. It is so sensitive that I can't comfortably wear underwear. I have tried all three types, boxer, jockey, and athletic. All of them put too much pressure on my penis, and it feels like my penis is being touched by a hot iron. Do not plan to have this type of surgery on Friday, and go to work on Monday! I am most comfortable sitting in a lounge chair with a large towel wrapped, and safety pinned, around me. I also took an old torn out pair of Jockey shorts, and took the elastic off of them. I have that outside of my towel to help hold it up. As you can see, I'm one of those lucky guys with little waist, even though I am 5' 9" and weigh 184. My penis doesn't hurt unless something is touching it, so I am comfortable in the chair, or in bed at night. I expect this sensitivity to go away soon so that we can comfortably use the implant. Stay tuned for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment